Code of Conduct for DEV DAY Participants
The DEV DAY committee has established this Code of Conduct to provide guidelines to participants to make sure that all participants understand what behavior is expected, and what behavior will not be accepted at DEV DAY 2020. The DEV DAY committee expect all participants (e.g., speakers, attendees, media, sponsors) to adhere to this Code of Conduct throughout the conference. We expect support from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for all the participants.
The DEV DAY committee expects that participants will
- Be considerate and respectful to all fellow event attendees whenever possible within the DEV DAY online platform.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior, materials, and speech.
- If you are being harassed or feel uncomfortable, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the DEV DAY committee immediately via mobile at +94 775 320 572or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be respectful in both spoken and written language always.
- Be aware that all sessions will be recorded, and all materials that are used are the property of DEV DAY and can only be used for the purposes for which they were intended.
- All chats will be reviewed by the moderators and admin staff.
- Participate in constructive and positive chats.
- Once registered the participant will be given a unique login for the DEV DAY 2020 virtual conference, this login should only be used by the registrant and cannot be shared.
- The DEV DAY committee will be monitoring access during the event and those found sharing a login will be refrained from joining the DEV DAY online sessions.
The DEV DAY committee has a zero-tolerance policy for harassment of speakers, attendees, sponsors in any form, including, but not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory speech, materials, or conduct by any participants of the event and related event activities.
- Threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Any boisterous, lewd, or offensive behavior or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behavior, or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, or ethnic slurs.
- Capturing, taking photos, taking screenshots, filming, recording, streaming, live streaming, copying, distributing, redistributing, displaying, or publishing any content from or portion of the event.
- Distributing malicious links or encouraging others to violate this Code of Conduct.
- Failure to comply with any written or verbal instructions provided by the DEV DAY committee.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the online platform used for the event.